Nowadays, to talk about business development we must also talk about sustainable development, this is especially true for the tourism sector. If we do not consider the environment or the communities involved, our regional resources can be exhausted.
This is why it has been vitally important, for us at Blue Caribe, to support activities and institutions that help preserve our habitat and the places we visit.
- 2013: We took part in the PLANTA ÁRBOL (plant tree) reforestation program in the community of Dos Palmas, Quintana Roo, where we were able to plant 1000 Ceibas, helping to mitigate CO2 in our environment
- De 2002: we have supported the hyperbaric chamber in Playa del Carmen for the assistance and benefit of our community.
- 2015:We have sponsored the Maya Dos Palmas community primary school.
- Since 2013: we have supported the Akumal Soft Ball team, promoting sports practice.
- Since 2016: we support the children of the Puerto Aventuras community in the international martial arts tournament.
- Since 1999: we have supported the ecological reserve of Sian kan, by giving 5 USD per passenger taken to the biosphere. We also participate in its beach cleaning program every year.
- To the “Uxuxubi” rural community; for facility development and the Pitaya plantation.
- To the cooperatives that operate in Punta Allen (Sian Kaan) for the development of their facilities and activities.
- To the ejidatarios who own the “Tak Be Ha” and “Aktun Ha” cenotes for the improvement of their facilities
- To the cooperative that operates in Playa Pescadores (Tortugas & TuLum tour) for the improvement of facilities and the purchase of boats and motors.
- Donations of groceries to different families in Chimax (Chichen Sunrise)
- Financial contributions to Isla Contoy National Park.
- Economic contribution to the Shark Whale Biosphere Reserve.
- Every year we offer free use of our 45-foot boat (Sun Seeker) to the fishing community of Isla Mujeres for its religious transfer parade of the Virgen del Cobre Charity from Isla Mujeres to Isla Contoy. The whole event is sponsored by Blue Caribe.
- 2017: Chuk-Kay Sponsorship of Antonio Balam Catzin Fishing Tournament
- 2016, 2017, 2018: Sponsorship of Tikul Foot Ball team
- 2016: Sponsorship of the local football team UDG Guadalupe in TIcul Yucatán.
- Participation in the Sustainable and Social Tourism Summit carried out by Sustentur on March 15, 2018.
- Garbage collection in the Sian Kaan biosphere, an event organized by “Friends of Sian Kaan
- Member of the Exhibitor Panel in the “First Meeting for the Preservation of the Whale Shark Habitat in the Mexican Caribbean 2018”, an event organized by Sustentur / Pronatura / Sinvestav Mérida / WWF.